Published On: Tue, Mar 13th, 2018

Italian restaurant caught fire in Tulum

Share This

Tulum, Q. Roo.- It was around 9 in the morning on Sunday, March 11, when a fire apparently caused by a short circuit resulted in the total loss and destruction of “La Nave“, an Italian restaurant located on Avenida Tulum.

Fortunately, the restaurant was closed at the moment and nobody resulted injured.

Municipal police agents and firefighters arrived on site, proceeded to cordon off the area, and prevented the fire from spreading to other properties.


Several people who were staying in a hotel located right next to the restaurant had to be evacuated in order to keep them safe.

On their Facebook page, the team of La Nave announced that they will build the place up again and the will resume operations asap.

RMT Newsroom with information from




Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>